How to Get Involved
1. Staying up to date
Getting started with VDP can feel a bit scary at times for a lot of people, so don't be worried at all- you're not alone!
The mailing list will have a weekly round-up of handy information about our activities as well as our fun meet-ups and events, which are great ways to get to know people in VDP!
2. Coming along to your first activity or event!
It's always nerve-wracking being new somewhere, but try to remember that we were all first-timers at the start too!
Have a look at our immediate activities - these are activities you can go to straight away!!!
Our activity leaders are so nice and friendly, they'll be more than happy to welcome you along and answer any questions you have about the activity- just shoot them an email!
We also have a section on some of our events, which of course you're more than welcome to come along to too- this is a great way to put some names to faces and have some VDP fun!
You can email Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have anything to ask about our events!
3. Applying for Garda vetting
A lot of our activities require volunteers to complete a Garda vetting and training procedure, since we're volunteering with potentially vulnerable people.
This process is very simple but can take a little while to complete, so here's what you do:
1. Fill out our Training Application Form
2. You should hopefully get an email not long after, offering you a place in a volunteer training session
3. At the training session you will complete your Garda vetting application and we will send it for approval
4. We will send you an email letting you know when your vetting application has been approved
5. You can start volunteering at the activity you were trained for!!!
Due to high demand for training places it can sometimes take a little while to be offered a place, but we'll do our best!
If you have any questions or concerns about any of this process shoot our Volunteer Liaison Officer Ava an email at email@example.com and she'll be happy to help you out!
4. Happy VDPing! :)
Hopefully this guide makes getting involved a bit easier for you, we're so glad to have you on board!
Being involved in VDP is so much fun and so worthwhile, there's simply nothing else like it- thank you so much for joining us on the adventure!
As always, if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact our executive committee who will be delighted to give you a hand!